Welcome to the Island Rambles Blog

Welcome to my blog world. This is a photo blog about my life on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada. I take photos of the birds and scenery I find. I hope you enjoy your time here and please come back again. PHOTOS WILL ENLARGE IF CLICKED. The photos are slide show enabled if you click on them. If you click on the top lighthouse photo it always takes you to the most recent summary list of my postings.

copyright

©all rights reserved on all images and text, contact me if you want a photo.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Reflections From My Archives



Just a few flash back photos from...



previous blog posts for this weekend post. I am trying to think of what to do next. I will finish up all my video clips and clear them all out. We did not travel much during the summer as I had that hawk project, perhaps we will travel or I will find another project I like.


I am thinking a lot about what I want to do and what I can actually achieve.  So it is a time of reevaluation for me. It is a time of reflection.


I  have shared so many pictures and videos, my blog has been therapy for me. I have written in this blog for over ten years and had another blog before that which someone stole. I am not sure what direction I will go next. I have been writing a bit and trying to do my art. I also sleep a lot and rest as I am so tired and weak.



I am on Facebook so you can find me there, link in contact on the top. You can see my Island Rambles Fan Page  where I post daily and also my own Facebook. I have started on Instagram also so you can find my photos there also. I post a video each day on my Island Rambles YouTube Channel also.

(these pictures from Genoa Bay and Cowichan mostly)

Thank you to each of these meme hosts for allowing bloggers to share their story. Click on any of these links for some great blogs and photos.  This post is for these wonderful bloggers:
Sky Watch Friday  Thank you to the Sky Watch Team
The Weekend in Black White  Thank you to Dragonstar
Weekend Reflections Thank you to James
Saturday's Critters  Thank you to Eileen


MacroMonday 2 Thank you to Gemma Magical Mystical Teacher

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS AND BIRDERS.









GOLDFINCH AT FEEDER



HUMMINGBIRD NEST TINY BABIES



BABY GROSBEAK GETS FED BY MOM 2 MUSIC



16 comments:

  1. Amazing amazing amazing. I am so impressed with all that you get done! I have trouble doing a couple posts a week. Enjoy the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some marvellous reflection photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos to look back on. I always love photos of eagles and the waterfront.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of shots - there is always something to photograph down by the water.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, your photos and videos are always lovely. The birds are gorgeous. beautiful reflection captures. I noticed some boathouses, I have watch a show on TV showing how they are built and where people are buying them up. You sound very busy, it is also nice to take it easy and relax. I appreciate your joining in with my 200th Critter party. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fascinating sculpture at the top, and your black and white eagle is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos Nora. I already follow on Instagram and have just liked your Facebook page. The eagke photos are some of my favourites. We hope to see some when we are out there in December.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten years of blogging - good for you! I have only been at it for 7 months! Your photos are really lovely. I hope you find the inspiration you seek. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful reflections and I love the eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your site and content. thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent reflections!! Nice to have the water so still... OMG, how does one steal a blog!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful reflections and B&W! And wow the eagles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nora, your posts are always things of beauty and wonder...and with this one you truly surpassed yourself! The Eagles are wonderful, and the coastal scenery beautiful ... I’m a bit envious I have to admit as we have not been able this year to spend time at the coast. You have so much talent and I know it is not always easy for you to share it...thank you for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for these kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog on Vancouver Island Nature and Birds.
I love to take photos of places we go to on Vancouver Island and the birds and animals we see.
I love also to get comments so please leave a note for me.
Cheers and thanks again. Nora
Comment moderation is on so the comment does not publish right away.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT A LINK IN THE COMMENT ANYMORE. I AM SORRY BUT THAT IS THE WAY IT IS NOW.

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS

CONTINUE READING PREVIOUS POSTS